Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Korean Casual Dining: Leann's Tea House

My palate is trained to love anything oriental and to add to my Asian taste bud is anything Korean!  Kimbap and Bibimbap!   Korean food sounds good and it taste even better! :-)

I visited Korea a long time ago and if i am not mistaken, it was in 1994.  All I know about Korea back then was that they are fashionable, the climate is cold and the food is spicy.  During that time, I was working at the leading homegrown shoe boutique brand in the country and my former employer sent me to Seoul to check out the latest on the department stores' window displays.

That Seoul trip was memorable to me because it was my first time to travel out of the country alone, without any companion.  I will write a post on my travel adventure to Korea when i found the old photos.  Don't worry, I will surely find it since we are moving home and i am in the process of sorting my things.  Please stay tuned at La Vida Rosa!

Meanwhile last Wednesday, May 21, 2014, i had the privilege to join other Mommy Bloggers to dine at Leann's Tea House at Mother Ignacia Quezon City.  What else is a better way to enjoy lunch but with the company of women who shares the same passion - food and blogging!

Please take note of the Korean Doll's Kimono.  I would like to wear a Hanbok someday.  I will be adding that to my wishlist. :-) #CosplayerWannabe  
Leann's Tea House is a newly opened authentic Korean restaurant.  The owners' love for family and food prompted them to open a restaurant.  One of the owners personally runs it to ensure quality healthy food and great service. 
I saw this at the second floor.  I have a slight fixation on horses. :-) 

Some of the dishes that I recommend are the following:
Top left to right:  Seafood Pancake, Tonkatsu Kimbap.  Bottom left to right:  Bibimbap, Seafood Doenjang Jjigae.
Seafood Pancake with squid, ouster and shrimps.  Hameul Jeon.  P 250.  Good for sharing.  I am partial to seafood and eggs so i just love Hamuel Jeon! The shrimp portion is very generous and the vegetable is cooked with the right crisp.

Rice Roll wrapped in breaded pork.  Tonkatsu Kimbap.   P 250.  Good for sharing.  A winner!  You will find yourself craving for more of this.  A great appetizer.  Sulit!

Mixed Rice with beef, assorted vegetables and egg.  Bibimbap.  P 210.  The bright colors and appetizing presentation is a feast to the eyes.  Hot! Hot! Hot!

Mixed Seafood in soybean soup.  Seafood Doenjang Jjigae.  P 300.  Good for sharing.  Ingredients used are visibly fresh and prepared to perfection.  :-)

Top left to right:  L.A. Galbi, Spicy Daeji Gui.
Barbequed Beef Short Ribs.  L.A. Galbi.  P 420.  Good for two. The meat is lean and tender.  The marination is tasty.

Spicy Pork BBQ.  Spicy Daeji Gui.  P 220.  A must for pork lovers!

I offered to do the grilling and cutting to our side of the table.  Mommy Pinky Cuayong did it for the rest.  It gives a good experience to anticipate your meat being grilled right in front of you! 
Mommy Blogger Pinky Cuaycong in action!

Shabu-Shabu in two soup base, seafood and beef.  P 420.  Good for sharing. 

When you visit Leann's Tea House, you will meet Ivan and the rest of the team.  They can prepare your shabu-shabu on their yinyang shaped wok. I had the clear soup base.  The balls are firm and not mushy, premium quality talaga

Paradise Passion.
Special recommendation to sweet tooth like me.  You should definitely try Paradise Passion, a drink and dessert in one! It has Peanut Butter, Banana, Vanilla & Oreo.  Peanut Butter Paradise indeed!  Tip: It's hard to finish this drink alone so sharing with your companion would be great.

Leann's Tea House can house 100 guests at a time.  They pride of serving food MSG free.  They serve complimentary tea or dessert on lunch and dinner.  They even have set meals worth p180 each and that goes with free Iced Tea! Very competitively priced.

For diners who love to unwind, Leann's Tea House also serve Korean specialty cocktails, Soju

Kimbap, Bibimbap.......K-Pop, Sandara Park!  Enjoy Korean!  Bring your family and friends to Leann's Tea House!


For reservation and delivery, please call 02-4118902 
105-R Mother Ignacia St. Quezon City Philippines
Tuesdays to Sundays
11AM to 2PM; 6PM to 10PM
Map credit: https://www.facebook.com/Leannsteahouse
---------------------------------------
Thank you Leann's Tea House for hosting Mommy Bloggers Philippines.  Thank you Mommies!  It was great meeting you in person!
Let's get connected!
Like  La Vida Rosa on Facebook HERE 
Follow @LaVidaRhosa on Twitter HERE  
View @LaVidaRhosa on Instagram HERE

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely meeting you, Rose. And thanks for that picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Pinky! Pleasure is mine. See you soon. Take care.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you. Please let me know what you think about this post. Thank you!